InstantBlue™ is a ready-to-use Coomassie protein stain for polyacrylamide gels. Its unique mechanism of action stains proteins in 15 minutes, leaving a clear background that eliminates the need to fix, wash, or destain. Formulated for safe use and easy disposal, it is ready to use straight from the bottle and comes in convenient one-litre premixed volumes. Perfect for use with the InstantBlue™ Staining Tray.
InstantBlue™ Protein Stain Features
- The unique patented mechanism for rapid Coomassie blue staining of protein gels starts within moments and results are achieved within 15 minutes. Some precast and traditional homemade Coomassie R-250 protein stains can take three hours or more to fully stain the gels.
- There is no need to wash, fix, microwave, or destain gels when using InstantBlue™. Homemade stains often require all of these steps, and most pre-made solutions require at least one. InstantBlue™ uses a simple and easy-to-use one-step protocol.
- Unmatched sensitivity allows the detection of protein levels as low as 5 ng per band (BSA) when stained overnight. This is due to InstantBlue™’s protein-specific staining, which provides a clear background and improves the signal-to-noise ratio of staining. Despite the staining power, gels can be left in InstantBlue™ for weeks and still come out with a crystal clear background, all without the need for destaining or protein stain remover.
- The non-toxic formula is disposable and thanks to its methanol-free composition it will not shrink the gels. Other stains require solvent removal procedures and may require microwaves, which produce dangerous fumes. The effective staining and safe composition of InstantBlue™ mean there is no need to microwave or dispose of solvents or fume hoods.
- InstantBlue™ will stain at least 40 mini gels per bottle, with economical staining at only 25 mL per mini gel. As a result, this allows you to use less protein staining solution compared to 50-100 ml staining per gel for homemade solutions and some premixed solutions.
- Fully compatible with mass spectrometry, gels can be destained using standard procedures. The protein staining solution’s acetic acid-free formulation means that it will not methylate or acetylate the protein during the protein staining protocol.
- Ultra-fast staining: results in 15 minutes or less
- One-step procedure: no washing, fixing, microwaving, or destaining
- High sensitivity: detectable 5 ng bands
- Clear background: high signal-to-noise ratio
- Flexible: no excess of staining
- Reliable: strict batch-to-batch consistency
- Efficient: only 25 mL per gel
- Safe composition: non-toxic; no fume hood or solvent removal required
- Methanol free: No gel shrinkage or protein methylation
- Acetic acid-free: No protein acetylation
- Mass spectrometry compatible: Stainable. No residual methylation or acetylation.